What is The Sandbox?
The Sandbox is a play to earn game based on a Metaverse (virtual world) where players can own, build and sell their gaming experiences the whole thing on the ETH blockchain
Content is created by the players (User-generated content)
The sandbox can be compared to Minecraft or Roblox but the main difference resides in the concept that the creators have the true ownership of their creations as NTFs (non-fungible tokens) and they can be rewarded for their involvement in the game ecosystem.
The Sandbox has three integrated tools that together provide a comprehensive experience for user-generated content (UGC) production. The combined products aims to allow users to secure the ownership of their creation through the blockchain and NFTs
VoxEdit is a easy-to-use 3D voxel modeling and NFT package creation tool. It allows user to create and animate 3D objects such like animals, humans, tools, …
The NFT’s marketplace allows users to easily publish and sell their creations.
The Game Maker
Last but not least, the game maker allows the creators to build their own 3D games.
The $SAND token
The Sandbox Game integrates blockchain technology. It uses several token types in order to create a circular economy between the differents actor in the game.
- SAND: the ERC-20 token used within The Sandbox as the basis for all of the ecosystem’s transactions and interactions.
- LAND: a digital piece of real estate in The Sandbox metaverse. Players buy LAND in order to populate it with games, assets and interactive experiences. Each LAND is a unique (non-fungible) token lying on the public Ethereum blockchain (ERC-721).
- ASSETS: a token created by players who build/assemble user generated content (UGC). ASSETS utilize the ERC-1155 standard and can be traded on the marketplace, with their main utility being to serve as creation elements in The Sandbox Game Maker.
SAND is an essential part of The Sandbox platform and was launched on the Binance trading platform in August, 2020. SAND is an ERC-20 utility token built on the Ethereum blockchain that will serve as the basis for transactions within The Sandbox, and has the following uses.
- Access The Sandbox platform: Players spend SAND in order to play games, buy equipment, or customize their Avatar character. Creators spend SAND to acquire ASSETS, LANDS, and through staking. LAND Sales will drive demand for SAND to purchase LANDS. Artists will spend SAND to upload ASSETS to the Marketplace and buy Gems for defining Rarity and Scarcity.
- Governance: SAND is a governance token that allows holders to participate in Governance decisions on the platform, using a DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) structure. They can exercise voting rights on key elements such as Foundation grant attributions to content and game creators and feature prioritization on the platform roadmap. SAND owners can vote themselves or delegate voting rights to other players of their choice.
- Staking: SAND allows for staking, which provides passive revenues on LANDS: you receive more SAND by staking it. This is also the only way to get valuable Gems and Catalysts, which are required for ASSET creation.
- Fee Capture model = 5% of all transaction volume carried out in SAND tokens (Transaction Fees) will be charged, with 50% of the revenues going toward the Staking Pool as rewards for token holders who stake SAND tokens, and 50% to the ‘“Foundation.’’
- Foundation: The role of the Foundation is to support the ecosystem of The Sandbox, offering grants to incentivize high quality interactive content & game production on the platform. To date, the Foundation is funding more than 15 game projects and granted 100+ artists to produce NFTs ahead of the public launch. The overall valuation of the metaverse will grow through the valuation of all games funded by the Foundation, creating a virtuous circle to enable funding even bigger games and experiences.
You can buy $SAND on :